I was able to get this to work using the same crack that worked before. (Personally I use the AAM tool, but I included the full set.)
The key is to realize that this installs a brand new app, not an “update” to Photoshop.
THE DEFAULT ACTION IS FOR THIS TO INSTALL “OVER” AN EARLIER VERSION SUCH AS CC 2015.1.2.
You can even install it alongside a previous version of Photoshop if you wish, just be sure to click on “Advanced Options” and uncheck “Remove old versions” when installing.
Photoshop 2015.5 Upgrade (6/20/2016)
1.0 Important information about plug-ins & installation
Photoshop CC 2015.5 is a full version upgrade. As such, you will need to install your 3rd party plug-ins for them to work with CC 2015.5.
Please note, we’ve been working with 3rd party plug-in developers to use a shared Creative Cloud location for plug-ins. This will allow updated versions of their plug-ins to load in future versions of Photoshop CC (e.g. CC 2016/2017) without having to re-install.
If you want to keep CC 2015.1.2 installed until you’ve had time to update/install your 3rd party plug-ins for 2015.5, be sure to click on “Advanced Options” and uncheck “Remove old versions” when installing the update:
Note: When you uninstall prior versions, it does not uninstall 3rd party plug-ins installed for prior versions.
Note: Depending on what you choose you can always reinstall a prior version or uninstall prior versions at a later time if necessary.
2.0 Performance Improvements
Not much makes our customers happier than when we boost Photoshop’s performance so you can get stuff done faster. So over the next few releases our engineers are heavily focusing on increasing the speed of operations across the application. This will include improving start up time, removing unnecessary dialog boxes, warnings and clicks, as well as how quickly features return results.
Download today’s upgrade and you will notice a significantly faster installation – the font menu is up to 4x faster and Content-Aware Fill is up to 3x faster and also delivers better results. You will also experience a faster launch time and improved opening of documents.
Note that this is just the beginning of a big, multi-release focus on performance, and we plan to deliver even more improvements in future updates.
3.0 New Photography focused features
3.1 Selection and Masking Space
Today we introduce Selection and Masking Space, a dedicated workspace that brings many of the best Photoshop selection tools together into one efficient work space, and updates them with new and improved algorithms to make creating selections and masks easier, more exact, and more efficient. In addition to better results, we designed the new work space to minimize clicks, mouse movements and user interface clutter. You’ll find a couple of new features inside the work space:
• Visualization controls: A Transparency slider and “Onion Skin” view mode more accurately predict results with new visualization and controls that make it easier to see the edges and other qualities of the selections you are creating in real time while you are making them.
• Refine Edge Brush: Get more precise results with the new Refine Edge Brush that helps to more accurately separate foreground and background for complex selections.
• A simple brush to more precisely control exactly which areas of an image are selected or masked. This tool can be used for manual control.
3.2 Content-Aware Crop
You can now better preserve the look of your image when you crop using the magic of Content-Aware Fill. Photoshop will intelligently fill in the gaps when you rotate or expand a canvas beyond the original image size using the Crop tool. Here are some popular uses for it:
• Move the horizon by adding more sky or ground
• Change the aspect ratio by adding content around the edges of your image
• Fill in the corners when you rotate an image so you don’t give up any of your pixels
• and probably more we haven’t even imagined ourselves
3.3 Face-Aware Liquify
Retouchers and anyone taking photos of people will really enjoy this new enhancement to the Liquify tool. Now within the Liquify tool, you can use the new Face-Aware technology to automatically identify and adjust facial features like jaw, nose, lips and eyes to retouch them or add artistic effects.
4.0 Design focused features
4.1 Match Font
Today we are introducing the new Match Font feature. Thanks to the magic of intelligent imaging analysis, using just a picture with some text (representing a Latin based language), Photoshop will use machine learning to detect which font it is, and match it to licensed fonts on your computer or on Typekit.
To use the feature, you open an image that includes text, for example a street sign, then make a selection of the image area that contains the text, and when Photoshop recognizes the font, it presents you with a list of closest matches for which you have licensing rights.
We have made a significant investment in many aspects of type usage in Photoshop.
• Search and Organize Fonts Quickly
– View fonts by family (new this release): A more hierarchical font menu shows font families and lets you toggle to see fonts within that family, rather than seeing all fonts in a giant list.
– Performance improvements in font menu (new this release): Font menu is faster because of improvements to showing samples for each font.
– Favorites: Star fonts that you use frequently and then filter to only show those fonts.
– Recently used: Photoshop will display your most recently used fonts at the top of the font list.
– Search for fonts: Start to type the name of the font to find a font, rather than browsing with a scrollbar.
• Go deeper into a given font
– Glyph Panel: Use the Glyphs panel to insert punctuation, superscript and subscript characters, currency symbols, numbers, specialized characters, as well as glyphs from other languages into text.
– On-canvas Glyph (new this release): On-canvas menu allows you to view and select alternate glyphs for the currently selected character.
• Expand beyond your commonly used fonts
– Typekit: Thousands of free fonts for Creative Cloud members to use; integrated into Photoshop’s font menu, missing font check workflow, similarity search and Match Font feature.
– Match Font (new this release): Start with a raster image of a Latin font and Photoshop will tell you which fonts on your local machine or in your Typekit library are close matches.
– Filter by Classification: Narrow the fonts in your font list by classification, like serif or sans serif.
– Filter by visual similarity: Narrow the fonts in your font list based on similarity to your selected font.
To pull it all together for you, we have created this page of tutorials dedicated to using type in Photoshop. Here we have help videos for beginners through experts: http://adobe.ly/28Jlx8w
4.2 Creative Cloud Libraries
We introduced Creative Cloud Libraries in 2014 as a powerful way to store and share design elements in an easily accessible panel. With Libraries, assets can be quickly applied across multiple documents as well as shared across many other Creative Cloud applications and even shared with your friends and colleagues. If you haven’t tried Creative Cloud Libraries yet, it’s time to check it out.
Today we add:
• Read-only Library collaboration: Share a Library as read-only so your teammates can use the assets, but can’t change, rename or delete them.
• Adobe Stock license badge: Easily identify if a Stock asset in your library is licensed.
• Larger Libraries panel: Photoshop automatically detects if you have a large monitor and offers a bigger Libraries panel for easier asset browsing.
• New asset type support: Colors can be saved into panels. In addition, looks and patterns easily captured through Adobe Capture CC (a free mobile app) can be saved to libraries for easy use in Photoshop. Plus, Styles saved in Creative Cloud Libraries can be applied by drag-and-drop directly from the Library to the document.
• Filtered Stock and Library search results: Helps you find the content you want faster.
New enhancements to Artboards in Photoshop in this release include:
• Duplicate a layer or layer group and place the content into selected artboards
• Easily change an artboard background
• View transparency within an artboard
4.4 Export As
New Export As enhancements include the ability to embed color profiles.
You MIGHT need to set up a fake name and e-mail for a CC account for the installer to launch and run.