Drawing is through the use of mouse or touchpad; i.e., drawing lines track mouse cursor on screen. If a touchscreen is equipped, a stylus or finger can be used to draw. Keyboard is also required during drawing (pressing hotkeys triggers drawing actions). The drawings exist only in a separate layer that sits on top of the background application. They only overlap on the screen but will not interact or interfere with each other. So it is safe to use this app with others at the same time. Currently does not support drawing over apps on full screen mode.
This is a good app. The hotkeys work well and make it unobtrusive. You can only draw lines. It would be great if you could draw rectangles and elipses. That would make this a 5 star app.
– Add handwriting/drawings during slide presentation for better illustration
– Add temporary notes on screen to mark documents of other apps
– Outline objects on screen and keep the drawings for reference to use in another screen view
– Simply doodle as you go
– Supports multiple monitors
Premium features include:
– Customizable line color/width
– Presets to allow for up to 4 user-defined line settings. Presets let you quickly switch among different line settings with hotkeys
– Customizable hotkeys
– Preferences saved automatically. All custom settings are remembered so everything looks exactly the same upon re-launch
– Adjustable transparency of drawing
I am always jotting down notes or sketches of ideas, and I also do screen recordings as well as conference screen sharing where I’ve been looking for exactly this app.
Playing around with it a little and it’s great for all of the above. Fast, easy to use, intuitive. Thanks!